Monday, May 26, 2014

Concerning My Mind

Hello, I'm Galen Fiore Kral. I have ADHD and bipolar. I have used writing as a way to express my emotions, views, and thoughts on the world. I have been told by my friends and family that I have a brilliant mind. I don't believe them. Yes, I weave my words, build incredible worlds, map them out, and develop languages for the people of my worlds to speak. But to me thats not brilliance. It's just how my mind works.

I think that most people don't see me for who I truly am. I seem to surprise people with things I know. It hurts at times. I am always nervous or afraid that I am going to say or do the wrong thing. I have gotten better at being out spoken, but it still is a terrifying concept. I have a friend who will remain nameless, and gender neutral. This friend was someone I thought I could trust. They were like a sibling to me. But they led me on and then stabbed me in the back. This person still thinks that I am their friend, I don't have the heart to truly make it clear, because of a tangled mess of reasons. I used to be very trusting in people, but now I have developed a darker more cynical view of the world and the people in it. This is portrayed in my newest writing project, "TechNoir".

As a writer I find it incredibly difficult to talk to people. I spend so much of my time coming up with the perfect words to place on the page, I find it next to impossible to engage in small talk with any new person. It doesn't help that I have an extreme dislike of small talk to begin with. I find it so incredibly stupid and dull. I find mundane things incredibly boring to write and to discuss.

Well this is all for now. I have things that need to get done.

3 comments:

  1. Despite your feelings to the contrary, you do have a brilliant mind. If that's how your mind works, then it is a brilliant mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Galen, I find your writing to be extraordinary and extremely brilliant. In fact, you remind me of someone else, my son Brad. He also finds it hard to make small talk with new people, has a very fascinating outlook of people and the world, and can write beautifully. And he also does not believe he does. You are brilliant with your words, keep writing as in time you will be a writer of many great novels. I am will be the first to say "I knew him when"! Be proud if who you are, we certainly are! You are loved and needed...look forward to reading more if your writings!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comment from Vanessa, who couldn't post here, for some reason:

    "Galen, I've known you most of your life and am amazed by your creativity....you have more courage than most...everyone has insecurities and vulnerabilities..you just have the ability to express them creatively rather than act impulsively and offensively...kudos. Always here, and look forward to reading your blog and future."

    ReplyDelete