Monday, March 23, 2015

Blood-Clans of Jorikk: "Saga of the Bear-Folk"

So, I have been working on an RPG Adventure, for The Blood-Clans of Jorikk Campaign Setting,
written by Nickolas Gildersleeve. Follow them on Facebook!

Most people know my love of Nordic Mythology, so the Wyldr of Jorikk is a natural fit!

It uses the Hackmaster RPG, though any system can be used. For example, I plan to use Dungeons and Dragons for when I GM the game.

The title I have chosen is the "Saga of the Bear-Folk", and I have decided at the beginning of each Chapter or Verse, I will have a few stanzas of the Saga written in both Skarrn (The language spoken by the Dunnvigr) and the translation in English. 


Here is the intro for Verse I.

Lo!
Hjer byrja ferdhalakkar fra Bjorgdunar
Jog fra aegisagr thaejar...

*****
Thekksagr byrja
Hvenr runekorn avsolja
Idh Rytarrskegg
Harrik, viedunnath-megg

Rugla megg skjirkorn
Seiflath fra Bjordunnar, Arnbjorg dun nuldorn
Nefingja brrodhath halkur dhing
Tala fra gothing

Brrodh fra gultn,
Fus sanna thaejar haemn
Velja laethr thekkorn
Jog avsolja laeyndhorn 


Translation:

Lo!
Here begins the journey of the Bear-Folk
And their epic Saga…

*****
This story does begin,
When a runestone was discovered 
In Rytarrskegg,
By a fisherman called Harrik.

Bemused by the strange monolith
The Bjordunnar Chief, a man called Arnbjorg
Called forth the clan, for a meeting
To discuss this discovery

A group of young warriors
Eager to prove their worth
Were chosen to seek out this stone

And to discover it’s secrets…

1 comment: