Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Most of My Friends are Older than Me (and I wouldn't trade them for anyone)

http://the-toast.net/okay/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/gentlemen.jpg
Due to some current events that have transpired. I have realized that I enjoy the company of people older than me. No offense to people of the same age as me, this is completely exclusive to the people I know. I find that people my age (I'm 19, turning 20 in July) are frustrating and annoying (Once again, no offense to the people of my age). Now I do have several people my age that I do enjoy hanging out with. But they are in the minority. Using the phrase "Lost hope in Humanity" is a bit of an understatement for some of these people. The people that I do enjoy are usually loads older than me. My best friend and roommate is twenty five. I love having discussions with the Historical War-gamers at The Wyvren's Tale, most of which are wonderful older chaps. I guess that my maturity level is very high. I love that I am able to be silly and people older than me laugh.

They all have differing backgrounds and wisdom to share, and even though that I am years younger, I might even have some wisdom that they don't have. I have never had a dull conversation with my friends, and I am thankful for this. My friends seem to have no drama. Though it might come up. But usually it is a minor event and it doesn't effect group dynamics.

No comments:

Post a Comment