Monday, June 16, 2014

Rubi Rascke: Runner for Hire #3


Add http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/352/5/c/cyberpunk_girl_by_raltron-d5og47n.jpg
      Rubi descended the stairs back into the bar. Wynnefred was sitting in a corner booth sipping on a beer. She glared at Rubi. Rubi ignored her and sat at the bar.
      “Dayte mne pintu!” she said to the bartender. The bartender nodded, filled a glass from the tap, and slid it to Rubi. Rubi took a sip. A blonde headed girl slid into the chair next to her. Rubi’s eyes shot to the girl. It was Cal Ivanova; Cal was short for ‘Calinka’, but she hated being called that.
      “Ey, kak dela”, muttered Rubi.
      “I’m good. I hear you got into a scrap with McLeod.” said the girl.
      “Cal, Really? That’s the first thing you say?” growled Rubi into her cup.
      “I was just curious. Didya win?” asked Cal. Rubi held up the disk Madame Loxi gave her. 
      “Yup!” grinned Rubi. The bartender approached Cal.
      “What can I get you?” he asked.
      “Ahhh.” Cal looked at the ceiling, “Gimme a White Russian.” she ordered.
      “Coming right up!” said the bartender before turing his back to the two of them.
      “So what’s the job?” asked Cal.
      “We are breaking into a yacht.” whispered Rubi, leaning in close.
      “A yacht?!” Cal cried out.
      “Shut up!” hissed Rubi, “Are you trying to let the whole yeblya bar know the job?”
      “Sorry!” whispered Cal. The bartender slid her the drink. Cal picked it up and took a swig. “So, When are we going to do this?” she asked.
      “I need to look over the layout of the ship and the security systems.” admitted Rubi, “I need you to get your best ice-breakers ready. The security software is state of the art.”
      “What is the software?” asked Cal.
      “Securititech Vault Software v.10.5.2.” relayed Rubi.
      “Wha!? What’s your major glitch?!” shouted Cal. The bar fell quiet, all eyes on Cal.  She chuckled  nervously and returned to her drink. The bar returned to it’s business shortly. Rubi slid off of the stool and tucked the disk into her vest pocket. 
      “I’m going to look over the plans. I’ll let you know when I’m ready.” said Rubi.
      “Hey! You haven’t told me the pay out!” said Cal, angrily.
      “Fifty thousand, for us to split.” said Rubi. 
      “Alright.” muttered Cal. Rubi turned her back. “Rubi.” mewled Cal. Rubi looked over her shoulder. Her green eyes met Cal’s blue. 
      “What?” she growled.
      “I’m sorry.” muttered Cal.
      “For what?” 
      “For… for…” Cal struggled for words. Rubi slammed into Cal giving her a tight embrace.
      “I’m sorry. Mèi-mèi. It was just I’m still on edge from that stupid bitch!” cried Rubi. Cal struggled to get away.
      “NO HUGS! NO HUGS!” she cried. Rubi released her. Cal ran her fingers through her hair and shot an evil glare at Rubi.
      “I really am sorry.” said Rubi.
      “I know. Just don’t forget. Im always on  your side!” pleaded Cal.
      “I won’t.” smiled Rubi
---------------
Lot's of dialog here! Introducing Cal, Rubi's best friend and sidekick. If you want to see more of Rubi, please comment! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment