Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Jack O'Callahan Mystery: Black Leather and Blackmail, Issue #4

<<Previous

Warning: This post may contain mature content.
     David sat at his desk, a cigarette tucked between his lips. He checked his watch, it was 12:04. He fiddled with his lighter nervously; trying to mentally prepare himself for what he was about to do. He scowled. What was Jack thinking? This is going to be so humiliating. He heard someone enter to the adjacent room. He got up and opened the door. Jenn stood in the waiting room. David looked her up and down. Her champagne-colored hair was pulled up into a loose bun. Her skin appeared as smooth as silk, her cheeks were adorned with a light blush. A hint of gold was swept onto her upper eyelid. Her bright blue eyes were outlined in dark eyeliner and her eyelashes seemed thicker and darker. Her red lips had a faint hint of gloss. She wore a burgundy blouse that was unbuttoned slightly to show a hint of cleavage. Her dark grey slacks were neatly pressed. Her stockinged feet slid into a black pair of stiletto pumps. Her coat was flung over her arm.David blinked, speechless. She looked at him.
     “So, what do you think?”
     “You’re beautiful,” gasped David. Jenn’s lips cracked into a shy grin.
     “You ready to go?” she asked.  
     “Uh.. Yeah. Sure,” muttered David, still enraptured by Jenn’s appearance. He grabbed his coat and together they exited the office, David locked the door behind them. They walked towards the elevator in silence. Jenn’s heels echoed in the empty hallway. David pressed the button to call the elevator. As they stood waiting, David couldn’t help but shoot glances over at Jenn. His eyes lingered at her exposed cleavage. Has she always been this beautiful? He mulled this over for a while. Out of the corner of his eye he saw her eyes flash and he tore his eyes away from her chest. He saw her grin; it was his turn to blush. The elevator arrived and they stepped in. Jenn punched the button for the ground floor. She probably thinks I’m a pervert. She clearly caught me staring, he fretted. He shifted back and forth in his shoes. The doors slid open and they stepped onto the street. The humidity from the morning rains caused small bead sof sweat to from on their brows. David stepped forward to hail a cab but Jenn stopped him.
     “I think I’m the one that is supposed to take the lead here,” she stated with a thin grin. David just stared at her blankly as she flung out her arm. A cab pulled up infront of them. David opened the door for her. “Thank you,” she said as she slid gracefully into the back seat. David took his seat and closed the door.
     “Where to?” barked the driver.
     “405 West Wisconsin Street,” ordered Jenn. 
     “Alright,” drawled the cabbie as he pulled out into traffic.

     The cab dropped them off outside of a nondescript brick building. David stepped out and looked around. They where in a fairly upscale part of town. The sidewalks were fairly empty. Jenn’s heels clicked on the sidewalk. She led him to a thick steel door with a intercom. Jenn pressed the call button. The speaker buzzed, and crackled to life.
     “Hello, How may I help you?” came a sultry voice over the intercom. Jenn stepped up to the speaker.
     “Yes, I have an appointment,” said Jenn.
     “Name?” 
     “Jennifer Bianco,” stated Jenn. There was a click and the door swung open. Jenn looked at David.
     “You ready?” she asked. David’s stomach churned. 
     “I guess.” 
     “It’ll be alright,” she cooed.
     “I guess I’m still trying to wrap my head around this,” confessed Jack, “I mean, how are you so calm? This whole thing is so bizarre!” Jenn turned to him.
     “I didn’t take an acting class in college,” she declared.
     “Okay,” said David.
     “I worked at a bondage club to get some extra cash,” she confessed.
     “Oh,” David breathed. Jenn looked at her feet. “We should probably head inside,” said David. Jenn nodded and stepped aside to let him in. 

     They where in a hallway. Their footsteps echoed as they headed towards the elevator at the end of the passage.
     “So a bondage club, eh?” asked David.
     “Yeah,” said Jenn, rubbing the back of her neck. David looked at her.
     “Didn’t peg you as someone who would be into that sort of stuff.” David pressed the button to call the elevator.
     “I didn’t either, at first,” she began, “It was just a job. But the longer I worked there, the more interested I got. It was exciting. I enjoyed the idea of having control.” She paused, “But that was along time ago. I’ve moved on. I quit the job at the club so I could focus on computers and hacking. I started running for a while after that.” The elevator arrived and they stepped inside. There was only one button on the control panel. David pushed it. The doors slid shut and the elevator began to rise.
     “There’s more to you than I thought,” said David.

     “I guess you could say I had a colorful past,” muttered Jenn. The elevator made a ding and the doors slid open.

----------
Next>>
Thank you for reading. I finally get to write David and Jenn! It's fun to write how they interact with each other. 

Check back in next week for the next issue of The Jack O'Callahan Mysteries!

Please support me on Patreon! Donations are on a monthly basis, so you can make sure you don't go over your carefully constructed budget! Every donation is a step to my goal of being able to write full time! Help me realize my goal here!

This weeks picture is from cosplayer and model Raychul Moore.

No comments:

Post a Comment