Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Dream


The tapping of the raindrops on glass gave away to the pulsing roar of the surf. I looked around. I was on a beach. I was barefoot, the sand was still warm from spending the day basking in the sunlight. The sky was darkened by storm clouds. The sea was grey as the waves crashed on the sand. Wind thrashed across my face. As I looked down the beach, I saw a shape wash up. Curiously I began to step towards the form. As I approached the scent of rotting fish filled my nostrils. I had to cover my mouth to keep from expelling the contents of my stomach onto the sand. I was close enough now to see that the shape was human woman. Seaweed was wrapped around her limbs, minute crustaceans skittered over her body. Her skin was pale and wrinkled; she had obviously been in the water for some time. The body was turned away from him. I stooped down and rolled the body so I could see the face. I recoiled as the head lolled to face me. Instead of the human face that I expected, a great maw was before me. A trapezoidal cavity, with two thin fangs extending from the bottom jaw towards the nose. Rows of tiny pointed teeth surrounded these two fangs. The eyes were like a pair of obsidian orbs, staring blindly upwards. Flaps of skin, which could only be described as gills were positioned on her neck. I opened my mouth to scream, but no sound came out. Suddenly I was underwater, something was pulling me down to the abyss. I could see the light fading. I opened my mouth to gasp for breath, but water rushed into my lungs. My vision began to fade and I knew no more.

-----------

Please support me on Patreon! Donations are on a monthly basis, so you can make sure you don't go over your carefully constructed budget! Every donation is a step to my goal of being able to write full time! Help me realize my goal here!

1 comment:

  1. Creepy dream sequence! Can't wait to see how that fits into that story you are writing.

    ReplyDelete